Race managers can now issue refunds directly back to the race applicants. You now hav the tools refund directly to the applicant credit card via our secure payment portal (API) without involvement from the Running Room Race Admin Team. Race Managers can refund event fees, excluding non-refundable amounts to the participant. We have also provided the ability to refund the entire registartion amount, including non-refundable charges. These non-refundable amounts will be passed along to the event.
- Refund Types
- Applicant Refund - Event Fees Only: Event Fees only (excluding non-refundable amounts - processing fees,taxes and donations).ltems which are non-refundable are costs incurred at the point of registration as a part of the payment portalfees.Donations are non-refundable as receipts have been issued for the donation.Only the Charity can refund charitable donations.Charge of $ 1.95 will be added to your account upon successful refund.
- Applicant Refund Form - All Fees: All Fees (Full Amount - including processing fees,taxes and donations). If you choose to refund the full amount,these non-refundable amounts will be passed along to the event under Refund Fee.A charge of $1.95 will be added to your account upon successful refund.
- Partial Refunds: When a Race Manager choses to refund only a small portion of an entry fee. For example,if there was a person who missed a late entry deadline by only minutes they may appeal to the race management to allow the early fee. In this case the race manager may simply refund the difference between early and late registration.Charge of $ 1.95 will be added to your account upon successful refund.
- Upon notice from the Race Director that a race has been cancelled Running Room will take the following steps:
- Deactivate the race in order to stop any further registration.
- Hold all further payments to the Race Organization and or Charity, if one is associated to the race, for all related outstanding fees.
- Running Room will then refund all the outstanding entry fees not yet paid out to the race organization and or Charity.
- Request payment in full from the Race Organization of all fees paid to Race Organization and or Charity plus associate refund and administrative fees as outline in the refunds policy.
- In addition the RD will provide the processing fee in order for us to issue further refunds.
- Additional admin fee of $4.00 on each refund on bulk cancellations.
- If a race is cancelled the race director must immediately notify the Running Room to deactivate the race.
- Running Room will then deactivate the race in order to stop any further registration.
- Running Room will hold all further payments to the Race Organization and or Charity, if one is associated to the race, for all related outstanding fees.
- The Running Room events team will notify accounting of the cancellation who will then issue a cheque to the race for those participants that have registered online(registration fee, less the processing fee) once the Race Organization / Race Director has provided proof of the refunds. The refund amount will be less any races fees previously paid to the race.
- The Race director will notify any participants of the cancellation and inform them that a full refund, including the processing fee's, will be paid. The refund will need to be done via the Race Director not the Running Room.
Should the Race Director choose to initiate refunds directly to participants the following standards will apply.